To start using the Eclipse RSS Reader, try the following:
- Start your Workbench with a new or pre-existing workspace. If the workspace is empty, create a new project.
- In the Resource Navigator, right-click on a folder and select New -> RSS Channel.
- Enter a URL for the RSS Channel; e.g., http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/news/dw_tech_nl.rss. Click "Load".
- Select the default translator and click Next.
- Enter a filename (with *.rss extension) and click Finish.
- Select the newly created file in Resource Navigator. From the main menu, select Navigate -> Show In -> Channel Navigator and/or Channel Detail.
- Browse and/or create channels in the Channel Navigator. Open the Properties view to see the properties of the selected items. Double-click on selected items to read the channel or item link. Use the Search dialog to search for keywords in item titles and/or descriptions.